27 Nov 2013
Santiago, Región Metropolitana (Chile)
Cosmetic filler poisoning
Jhendelyn died from cardiorespiratory arrest as a result of a silicone filler injection to the buttocks. She was a sex worker of Peruvian origin.
SANTIAGO.- A trans woman of Peruvian origin was found dead yesterday night, inside a cité, in the center of Santiago. The incident occurred while the victim, nicknamed "Jhendelyn", was with two people in a room located on Coquimbo Street. According to police sources, those who were with her were other sex workers, who had injected silicone into her buttocks causing cardiorespiratory arrest. Afterwards her companions asked for help from neighbours, who tried to resuscitate her, but she had already died. Her body was referred to the Legal Medical Service (SML), where tests will be performed to determine if the liquid was actually injected and whether or not that was what caused her death.
Jhendelyn's death was not recorded on the official TDoR 2014 list released by Transgender Europe (TGEU).